Finding the best waves on the web.
I have been doing some research to find out what the best way to store lots of old picture is.
Here are some tips I have gathered.
- Products like cardboard and paper can harm photographs and should only be used if labeled acid free.
- Plastic sleeves should be constructed of uncoated polyester, polypropylene, or polyethylene.
- Look for an acid free storage box, if plastic it should be constructed of polyester (polyethylene terephthalate) or polyethylene and NOT PVC (polyvinyl chloride).
- Don't use magnetic albums.
- The ideal temperature for photo storage is around 68° F.
- For negatives 30-40° is actually the ideal temperature.
- Store in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated area.
Here are some sites I used for reference:
Need to flush your DNS cache in Windows? Try running the following in Start - Run:
This should work on Windows XP, Windows 2000, and possibly other versions of Windows.
You can learn more about ipconfig in Windows from Microsoft's web site